Finished Curtains

I finished the curtains in the living room.  I did the window first.  I thought it would be easier.  The instructions I had were for 3 triangles in one window, and I just wanted 1 triangle.  They also instructed me to mount on a board (like a cornice I’m guessing) but I wanted to use a standard rod.  So, that meant I basically had to design my own and it was not exactly easy.  It turned out fine though.  It took me longer to measure, think, measure again, and think again than it did to do the actual sewing.  Brian helped me hang the rod.  Thanks!  Overall, it took an evening (after Sam went to bed).  Not bad.

I was putting off the one for the door.  I was nervous about making a rod pocket for the already existing blinds’ valance.  I wasn’t sure I would be able to mount it back, but I didn’t really have another option.  Magnetic rods are not made with a projection, so I couldn’t find one that would give me enough room to go around the blinds.  I finally just did it.  It didn’t turn out correctly, so I thought I would have to start over (luckily, I have about 1.5 yards of the material remaining).  However, I had a stroke of genius and decided to bust out the hot glue gun.  It was the best idea I had!  It turned out great, and I should have thought of that long ago!

All in all I like them, although I think they look weird because they are 2 different sizes.  However, the window and the door are different sizes, so I knew it would be like that.  It just looks weird because everything on that wall is symmetrical except for the new curtains.

Here’s the door:

1 thought on “Finished Curtains”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *