Ramblings in March

I need to update all of our avid readers. I have been sewing lately – I know – show stopper. After my crayon roll experience, I figured I could handle a dress for Samantha. That’s equivalent, right? I got some Simplicity patterns and fabric. I finished her dress on Wednesday last week. I’m not sure if I’m finished with it yet, because it’s supposed to have a little trim at the bottom hem. I tried that, and it failed miserably, so I haven’t decided if I want to try again. This week, I started an outfit (top and bottoms) that Brian says looks like a girl scout uniform. Yes, it has green cotton, so it may possibly have hints of a Junior uniform, but it’s hardly solid green. I still need to add some embellishment to the bottom hem of the pants, but otherwise, I’m done. I’ll post pictures one day.

In other news, I am excited to be taking a trip to visit Lauren and Daniel in DC soon. Brian is, as usual, anxious of flying so I’ll have my work cut out for me to get him on the plane. I’m a little nervous about taking Samantha with us, but I think she’ll be ok. That is, if she starts feeling better.

Last Friday or Saturday, she started to get a runny nose and bad cough. We had a full weekend of errands, birthday parties and baptisms, so her nap schedule wasn’t what it should have been. I was worn out by Sunday night, so I know she was too. We had our new TV console furniture delivered yesterday, so the living room was in disarray when she got home from a full day at Paula’s house. (However, the shelves were not delivered, so we still can’t put the whole thing together.) She was in such a bad mood. Paula said she was really good all day and even acted like her appetite was coming back a little bit. Not the case last night. She was not satisfied with anyone or anything last night. I thought that because the house was a little out of the ordinary, that she just didn’t want to handle it. She went to bed a little early and woke up a little throughout the night just like she had been all week. This morning, Paula called and said she was running a fever so I took her to the doctor at lunch. She has a double ear infection that the doctor said looked pretty painful. That explains the acting up of the past 24 hours. I’ve got some numbing ear drops and a round of antibiotic, so hopefully she’ll start feeling better. Back in December, the doctor said that if she had one more ear infection, we’d have to go to the ENT to talk about tubes. Because she’s been sick since then and it didn’t develop into an ear infection, and because it’s been almost 4 months since the last one, the doctor said he would wait on the ENT visit. Hopefully, she’ll grow out of it soon.

In other TV news, our TV in the bedroom has a built-in DVD player. We’ve had it for a while and we really like it, but the DVD player is really sketchy. It’s not reliable and I may have been known to try to stuff 2 DVDs in at once. Just maybe. Since Sam’s still carries it, I thought we could try to take it back and get another one. So we did. Saturday afternoon, we start unpacking the new one and discover that it has a different bracket attachment on the back. It’s the same TV, but apparently a newer model. Brian finally ordered a conversion bracket for it, so maybe our bedroom will get back to normal (ladders and boxes out of the way) soon.

Well, I think that’s it. OH. I need to finish the shoe story. Socks with sandals didn’t work on Saturday, but I had some luck on Sunday night. She wore them around the house for about 2 hours! I’d say that it was success. However, Paula bought her some Crocs at the beach last weekend. Samantha has no problem with those. Crocs cover most of the foot, so maybe she thinks they are like regular shoes. I guess she can wear sandals this summer after all!

Ok, now I think I’m done.