Broken Search Engine

The search engine I was evaluating worked for a while. I noticed that when I tried to reindex the website, the index was broken. Although it was probably a pilot error, I removed it from the website. I’m working on a new project at home to build my own search engine with the help of some sweet projects at Apache Jakarta: Lucene, HttpClient and CyberNeko HTML Parser. For all of you programmers who balk at Java, I have one thing to say to you: you’re missing out.

Search Engine

Well, I added a search engine to the website. I don’t know how much use it will get on, but I’ve been thinking about putting a new search engine on the website I have at work. This is sort of an evaluation. But hey, it’s free! I’m using the excellent Java Search Engine. It’s really fast and pretty darn accurate. Let me know if you like it.

New site features

It seems we’re posting these news blurbs monthly.  Weird.  We’re not trying, I promise.  Anyway, we have a slightly new look to the site with hopefully an easier way to access the main pages.  Also because we’re already using Java Servlet Filters, we added a compression filter that will hopefully send pages to you faster.  (Think of how zipping a file before you send it to a friend is faster because it’s smaller.  This is the same principle.)